The RCWL-0516 is a doppler radar microwave motion sensor module which can act as an alternative to a PIR motion sensor. Instead of sensing changes in infra red radio emitted by a moving person this sensor uses a microwave Doppler radar to detect moving objects. It has a sensitivity range of ~7 meters. When triggered its trigger output pin will switch from (LOW) 0V to high (3.3V) for ~ 2 to 3 seconds before returning to its idle LOW state.
- 3V3 - Regulated output (reference only)
- GND - Ground / 0V supply input
- OUT - Trigger: HIGH (3.3V) motion detected / LOW (0V) idle
- VIN - 5V-12V supply input
- CDS - Sensor disable input (pull low to disable)